Your Town & Borough Councillors 2011-12
Councillor Dean Aylett (Independent)
- Cllr. Aylett is this year’s Deputy Mayor of Mossley 2011/12.
- Contact: 01457 834589
- Biography: I was educated at Mossley Hollins, I am a a self-employed Joiner and I work around the local area. I was elected in 2007 to Mossley Town Council and re-elected in 2011. I am currently the Deputy Chairman of Mossley Town Council, a Committee Member of the Mossley Independent Steering Group and Mossley Twinning Assosiation. I am also a Member of Woodmeadow Allotments.
Councillor Val Carter JP (Independent)
- Contact: 01457 832949
- Biography: Elected to Council in 2003, Re-elected 2007, 2011; Mayor of Mossley 2006/7 & 2009/10. Governor of Micklehurst All Saints CofE Primary School; Secretary of the Mossley Traditional Whit Friday Committee; Acting Secretary Fairtrade Mossley Steering Committee; Member of Standards Committee (TMBC); Member of Fairshare Committee; Member of Micklehurst Partnership Group and Member of Mossley Sports Forum
Councillor Joseph Dowthwaite (Labour)
- Contact: 01457 838756
Councillor Idu Miah (Labour)
- Contact: 01457 836688
Councillor Patricia Dossett (Independent)
- Contact: 01457 832012
Councillor Marie Milne (Independent)
- Contact: 01457 834098
- Biography: I was elected to serve on Mossley Town Council in 2003, re -elected in 2007 and again 2011, A member of Mossley Independent Steering Group. I had the honour to be Mayor of Mossley 2007/08 and 2008/09. I am Chairman on two Committees Mossley Traditional Whit Friday Committee and Baden House Scouts & Guides , a member of The Friends of Mossley Park,and an active member on getting Mossley to be come a Fairtrade Town in 2011.
Councillor Frank Travis (Labour)
- Contact: 01457 839132
- Biography: I attended Hartshead Secondary and Ashton Grammar schools before working for Lancashire, Greater Manchester County and Tameside Planning Departments. I spent thirty years in Economic and Community regeneration until March 2011 and I am now self employed working in the third sector, supporting community organisations. I am involved in Friends of the Park; Treasurer, Friends of Mossley Station; the Twinning Committee, where developing and delivering the Mossley International Festival of Arts and Music was particularly special. A board member of Cash Box Credit Union since 2009. I was elected to Mossley Town Council in May 2011.
Councillor Anthony Milne (Independent)
- Contact: 01457 834098
- Biography: I was proud to be elected on to Mossley Town Council at the elections in 2011, and was honoured in becoming Mayor for Mossley 2011/12 A member of Mossley Independent Steering Group. I was elected to serve on The Standards Committee (TMBC). A committee member on The Friends of Mossley Park, I also support Mossley Traditional Whit Friday Committee and Baden House Scouts & Guides.
Councillor Eleanor Shember-Critchley (Labour)
- Contact: 01457 837098
- Biography: I work for a community radio charity where I manage a research project and am also self-employed as a website designer/developer. I am actively involved with Friends of Mossley Station, Mossley Twinning and a committee member of Woodmeadow Allotment Association. I was honoured to be elected to serve on the Town Council in May 2012.
Clerk of the Council – Diane Mellor
- Contact: 01457 871297
Tameside Metropolitan Borough Councillors for Mossley
Councillor Idu Miah
Contact: 01457 836688
Councillor Ellie Shember-Critchley
Contact: 01457 837098
Councillor Paul Dowthwaite
Contact: 01457 837124